Comprehensive Labs to run for Fertility planning & prevention of Pre-term birth
1. Female Hormones- FSH, LH, Estrogen, Progesterone, DHEAS, Prolactin, testosterone, AMH
2. Thyroid panel- TSH, Free T3, Free T4, antibodies
3. Blood Markers- Ferritin, B12 + folic acid + Vitamin D
4. Sugar Control- Insulin fasting, HbA1c (esp if diagnosed with PCOS)
5. Other risk markers- HsCRP, ESR, INR, CA-125
👉Optimal Vitamin D levels to prevent miscarriage range at 100nmol/L or higher. (PMID: 28500757)
👉Optimal Iron levels are above 50ug/L.
👉Optimal Thyroid (TSH) levels are < 2.5mIU/L (PMID: 21558126)
👉Optimal Progesterone levels- low levels reduce chances of implantation
Sleep & Stress Management- extremely important
Underweight or Overweight
Alcohol or Substance use
This post is meant for educational purposes only. Discuss your pre-conception plans with your Health care practitioner.